Thursday was a sad day for a Momma. It was Jack's last night in a crib. I really can't believe that we are finished with that stage of our lives. No more cribs. No more changing tables. I am happy and sad at the same time. It seems that is so much of what being a parent is about. Embracing the growth and maturation of your children while not quite being ready to let go of the stage that came before. I want my kids to grow, but I want them to stay my babies too. Such a dilemma. I hope I handle it well. Anyway, here are a few pictures of Jack's room before (with his crib) and after (with his new big boy bed).
Before...
Jack in his "old" room.
In his crib on Thursday night. The last night.
Smiling happy boy!
After...
Jack on his new big boy bed. He loved it!!
Snuggling in tight! He got a new Penn State Pillow Pet with his new bed and he was so excited about it!
Night-night! Notice - no paci! Total transformation!
We also got Ellie a new mattress and box spring for her room. We got a bedroom set from my grandma and we wanted her to be able to use the bed frame that goes with the rest of the furniture. Also we figured that if we moved the futon downstairs to the office we would be able to sleep a few more visitors, if needed.
Ellie's new room!!
She calls her bed her "princess bed" because of of the posts.
First night in her new bed.
Doesn't she look like a princess to you??
It's been a really long time since I've posted!
12 years ago


1 comment:
Thanks for sharing....looks like everyone is growing and happy .....rooms look fun...time for toy story in Jack's room? Love you all and miss you. Momo
Post a Comment