Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Smoky Mountain Vacation: Day 5 (Golf, Shopping & Dixie Stampede)

That's why they call them the Smoky Mountains (this is an otherwise clear day, weather-wise). So beautiful.


On Wednesday morning the boys went golfing, and the girls and kids stayed home to play and relax. After the boys got home, the girls went to the outlet mall for a few hours and left the kids with the boys (a very fair trade-off, I'd say). Then in the evening we met the boys and kids at Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. Think Mid-evil Times (dinner theater with knights, horses, etc.) but with a country theme. We sat on the side for The South, which I wasn't too happy about, but I guess was fitting since Dan, Ellie, Jack and I are the only people from the north in the whole bunch (I will put it down on record that I didn't cheer though). The kids had a great time, Ellie especially loved the horses and the ladies in the civil war era dresses (she thought they looked like princesses). See example below:

Before the actual dinner event there was a country band that played. The kids loved this. It was a great way to wait.
Kadence watching with Kara and Jon.
Ellie with Uncle William (boyfriend).
Lily and Pops.
We got a row of seats for the last 15 minutes or so, which was nice.

Once we got into the actual theater, they asked us not to take pictures, so we took a few before the show started, and that's all we have. It was a fun night, the kids really loved the show.
Lily in her chair waiting for her dinner.
Kadence, Erinn, Ellie and Jack.

No comments: