On Day three of our vacation, the kids (and everyone else) went to Dollywood. Dollywood is an amusement park named for, you guessed it, Dolly Parton (she's kind of a big deal in TN). We had a great day, and would definitely go back again. If you're a roller coaster rider (as I am), there are three really good coasters at this park. Definitely worth riding multiple times.
We started off the day with Tessa and William making pancakes, eggs, bacon and fresh fruit for the family for breakfast.
Kara, Erinn, Tessa and William discussing something very important, obviously.
Breakfast was so good I didn't even get to eat it. Ellie and Jack practically licked my plate clean before I'd even had two bites.
Ellie totally chowed down, man. It was crazy. She ate and ate and ate.
After breakfast we got the kids ready to go to Dollywood. We were aiming to get there around noon so that the two littlest kids (Jack and Lily) could get in morning naps before we left. Plus, we figured 8 hours at an amusement park with four kids 4 and under would be quite enough.
I dressed Ellie in BRIGHT clothes so I could see her when she inevitably ran off at the park.
Ellie and Kade snuggling with Aunt Steph before leaving for the park.
While the little kids were napping my dad and I got a few minutes of work in. I know, I know, but I had a few things I had to keep up with that couldn't wait until after vacation.
Once Jack and Lily got up from their naps, we drove over to Dollywood.
Ellie, Kadie and Pops walking to the train that took us from the parking lot to the front gates of the park.
Ellie and Kade were VERY excited riding the train into the park.
Outside the gates Ellie and Uncle William (her boyfriend) had a little chat.
Through the gates. We decided to get a group picture before all the kids got too tired.
The kids (Kadence, Lilian, Jack and Ellison).
The first ride of the day was the White River Rapids ride. Tessa, William, Aunt Steph and I stayed back with the little kids while Momo, Pops, Uncle Jon, Tia Kara, Dan, Kadence and Ellie went on the ride.
On the walkway they had sprayers that you could use to spray water at the people in the boats. We loaded ever single one of them for each of the boats containing our loved ones.
One keenly timed shot got Uncle Jon right in the ear. Priceless.
After the rapids ride we took the kids on the carousel. Okay, if we're being honest, we took the kids on the carousel about 10 times throughout the day. It was a real hit, especially since everyone in our group could ride (even pregnant Tia Tess).
Kara and Lily.
Jack and Daddy.
Momo and Ellie.
Jack-Jack waving to the other kids one of the times when he didn't ride himself.
We also went to a magic show. It was really fun, and funny. I think most of the humor was lost on the kids, but the adults enjoyed it.
Ellie, Kade and Tia Tess relaxing before the magic show started.
Kadence got selected from the audience to go on stage and help with one of the magic tricks. She loved that she got to hold the magic wand.
Putting three little strings into the bag. Then she waved the wand over the bag, and...
Pulled out one long string! The problem was that her string had knots in it. She took care of that by blowing them right off. She announced that she was "pretty good at magic" when she got back to her seat. We all agreed.
Kade and Ellie totally enthralled at the magic show.
After the magic show we went to see a show based on the books about the Ladybug Girl. Ellie loves these books and LOVED the show. She even got to meet Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy after the show.
"Always choose to be nice. Not once, not twice, but everyday. Always choose to be nice. Be nice in every way." The song sung by Dolly and the Ladybug Girl. Ellie still sings it, and it's been a week. Clearly the show had quite and impact.
We also rode the train around the park. It was a nice way to take a break and cool down a little bit.
Pops, Lily, Kade and Tia Tess on the train. Before the ride was over both Lily and Ellie had fallen asleep.
The afternoon was spent riding more rides. The kids rode the baby roller coaster and the Dumbo ride more times than any of the adults could count. The big kids (Pops, Erinn, Tia Kara and Uncle Jon) also went and rode the big roller coasters, which were all awesome.
It was a great day, and by the end of the day everyone was completely worn out.
It's been a really long time since I've posted!
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment