Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thanksgiving Weekend

We were so lucky to have Dan's parents Tillie and Doug in town to visit over the Thanksgiving holiday. They actually came to visit for 2 weeks, the first week to help Dan and I out (we had overlapping travel schedules) and the second week to hang out, which didn't actually end up being that relaxing (see photos below).

I ended up having some foot surgery the day before Thanksgiving. It was not so fun, but the doctor needed me to be able to stay off of it for at least 3 days, so I had to do it over a break. It actually turned out to be as good a plan as possible since Dan had their help with the kids while I was laid up.

As you can see, Jack liked sitting with me on the couch while I was out of commission.

We used our new dining room for the first time for Thanksgiving dinner! The one time all day I got off the couch!

Ellie smiling cause she is REALLY ready to eat!

Jack-Jack playing peek-a-boo with his plate.

Obviously we did not hit the Black Friday sales this year, but we did have wonderful weather so Dan, Doug and Tillie took the kids outside to ride their bikes for a little while.

On Saturday the kids played so well together. They read books.

And cooked some food.

and played with cars.

Overall, it was a great weekend and my foot is feeling better and better everyday. We are certainly looking forward to the end of the semester in this house and our next holiday break!

No comments: