Saturday, December 24, 2011

OLV Preschool Christmas Concert

On December 15th Ellie had her first school Christmas concert. I was so excited to go see her sing and disappointed that Dan was traveling and couldn't make it. It was a really big deal for her - she had been practicing the songs at home for a few weeks. She was so excited I was sure she was going to have a great time. Boy was I wrong! This girl has some stage fright!!
As you can see she was fine while walking into the social hall at church. She was walking so proudly in line with her friends and classmates.
She's in place, but you can see the look of worry on her face. I think she was overwhelmed when she looked out and saw all the parents and all the cameras pointing at her. It wasn't at all like it had been the day before when they had practiced!
Standing quietly, trying to process. Meanwhile I'm hoping that she's okay.
She sees me. About 5 seconds after this she is balling and hysterical. She had to leave her place in the line-up.
Mrs. Dougherty, the principal of the preschool, was able to calm her down a little bit. She sang a little bit after this.


After the show Santa came for a visit.
Ellie sat with Mrs. Dougherty while Santa read a story about the true reason for Christmas.
After the story Ellie was back to her happy self and even went up to Santa to say hello.
Ellie and her friend, Zoe.

1 comment:

Monica said...

OH....my sweetness...a lot to learn ...Love u