Thursday, December 22, 2011

Fall Family Photos

In October one of our new neighbors hosted a family photo party. Basically she contacted a local photographer who agreed to waive her sitting fee for all families who took part in the party. All we had to pay for were the photos that we decided to order, if any, once we viewed the proofs. Now, I must say, this is a very clever idea and was really convenient for us because we didn't have to go anywhere and got to have family pictures taken at our own house. I also must say that the pictures are nowhere near as good as the ones taken by my dear friend, Carmela, last December, but short of flying her to PA or us to NM having her take the pictures again this year was not an option (hopefully, next year!).

Anyway, I think there are several good shots here. I decided just to purchase a CD with all of the images on it so that I could take my time deciding what I wanted to print to display in our house. These are some of my favorites - I'd definitely be interested in hearing your opinions as well.

Here are my two favorites of Ellie:


My two favorites of Jack (he was being such a pill about smiling, so none of them are really great).


Two favorites of the kids together:


These are my favorites of our whole family. I'm not sold hook, line and sinker on any of them - they all have their issues - so let me know what you think.



I'm pretty sure my eyes are closed in this one (below), but I like the fall colors in the background and the fact that Jack is really trying to hold Ellie's hand...

2 comments:

Monica said...

My opinion, for what it is worth.....top one of Ellie...My fav....bottom one of Jack...one with wreath of the family....Oh and the one with Ellie squeezing Jack's face...Fav also....Love U all and can't wait to see ya...

Angelique said...

I'm with Monica. That last one of you is so great! Maybe you could crop some of the sidewalk out?!