On Saturday, to escape the heat and have some fun, we went out on Raystown Lake with the Young family (Staci, Marty, Addi and Brady). They have a boat, so it was a really fun day, and a special treat because it isn't something we get to do very frequently. We had so much fun. Staci's brother, Mikey, was in town too from Pittsburgh, so we got to see him too. It was awesome. We don't have pictures of everything, but over the course of the day we: swam, hiked, snorkeled, surfed, ate and laughed. Here are a few pictures (courtesy of Staci - I, once again, didn't bring my camera. What is up with that?).
Jack LOVED going fast on the boat!
He was laughing so hard!
Ellie liked it too. (Sad note: this is the last picture of me with my sunglasses. They are now enjoying life at the bottom of Raystown lake. I forgot I had them on and dove in the water off the boat. RIP sunglasses - I will surely miss you!).
Eating some fruit as a morning snack.
Some of you may remember how Marty took Brady out on the surf board last summer, well this summer both Addi and Ellie took turns too. I was so surprised that Ellie wanted to try it, but she had a great time!
Standing on the surf board - still feeling nervous (see her hand on Marty's arm).
Getting more comfortable, but still a little unsure.
Finally smiling! She's having a blast!
Courageously waving to her adoring fans!!
After the kids all took turns, Marty needed a break, so I decided I would see what I could do.
My second try I got up on the board and was able to ride for a little while.
It was fun and I'm glad Mikey took a few pictures of this success, because mostly
I looked like this.
I never "got up" again after that one ride. I'm optimistic that with a little more practice I'll be able to ride again, maybe even surf! We will see!
It was a great day, we had so much fun and are so glad to have friends like the Young's in our life. Days like this one really remind you what is important in life. Fun, friends and family.
It's been a really long time since I've posted!
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment