Sunday, July 31, 2011

My Girl Says the Darndest Things

So, any of you who are friends with me on Facebook know that I regularly post status updates that include crazy direct quotes from Ellie. The one tonight practically killed me. She makes me laugh so hard. At this point she will say something and Dan and I will both know right away that it has to be shared. The method I've been using to share these nuggets of amazing 2-year-old-ness doesn't easily preserve these quotes for posterity, however, so I've decided that I'm also going to record them here on this blog as well. Of course I will preserve the funny things that Jack says too (when he acquires the language skills to say things that are truly funny), but for now, it will mostly be the crazy, funny things that Ellie says that I want to make sure I remember forever. Here are the ones I've posted on Facebook the last few months, including the one I posted tonight:

"Mom, can you get yourself together, please?" (July 31, 2011).

"That's quite enough, Dad. That's quite enough." (To Dan as he was putting Parmesan cheese on her pizza at dinner - July 24, 2011).

"This is yum, hon. Thanks." (To Dan after taking her first bite of the dinner he made - June 28, 2011).

"You're making me crazy, mom!" (June 12, 2011).

"This is a hot mess. I'm gonna freak out." (May 27, 2011).

"Happy Mother's Day, Momma. You're my best friend ever." (May 8, 2011).

"Mom, my baby daughter isn't listening." (April 16, 2011).

2 comments:

Gina said...

"My baby daughter isn't listening" has to be my favorite! She is too cute!

Rhonda said...

LOL! Those sayings crack me up!! I'm looking forward to reading more :)