Saturday, September 22, 2012

First Day of School: August 27, 2012

August 27th was the first day of school for Ellie and Jack. Ellie was starting the 4-year-old preschool program at Our Lady of Victory Preschool and Jack was starting back at Kids Court Daycare. My friend, Nik Natale started this great tradition with her daughter on her first day of school and I decided to borrow the idea for our kids too. Tradition is to ask each child what they want to be when they grow up on the first day of each school year. Here is what my kids said this year:

Ellie: I want to be a mom and a princess and a big kid.

Jack: A princess.
Ellie: NO! You're a boy! You can be a prince.
Jack: Okay, a prince.

Here are a few pictures of the kids before they left for school and when they got home. I'm convinced this is going to be a GREAT year.

Before school:






After school:
Tired as he may be, he's still smiling!
Exhausted!

No comments: