Ellie started preschool at Our Lady of Victory the Tuesday after Labor day. She was really excited to begin her new adventure, and so was I (mixed with a little anxiety and sadness about leaving her old friends and teachers behind from daycare). I was more than confident that my outgoing friendly girl would make new friends and have a ball, I just hoped she wouldn't miss the old too much while enjoying the new. It turns out she LOVES her new preschool, and has from about the 3rd day onward. We did have a rough few days, but I think that's okay. To me that means that she cares about people, and she really did miss her friends and old daycare. To me it's also okay that she was a little scared of the new adventure. The best part is that she didn't let her fear stop her from giving it a shot, and once she gave it a shot, she ended up meeting new friends and having a great time. I really do believe that Ellie is an impressive girl, she makes me so proud, and I'm very glad to know her.
It's been a really long time since I've posted!
12 years ago


2 comments:
A fantastic first day picture...with many more to follow...Oh the adventures that await! Happy school days!
What a special little girl! She looks so grown up going to school :)
Post a Comment