We spent this past weekend in Woodbury, CT with Nik, Josh and Madeline. We had a great time - it is always so nice to get to hang with good friends! I have to thank Nik for sharing all her pictures as (GASP!) I forgot my camera in State College! I know, I can't believe I did that either! No matter, though, cause we had so much fun! It's always so interesting to compare our visits these days to our visits BC when we would stay up until all hours of the morning hanging out, having some wine and eating at nice restaurants. This weekend it was a stretch for any of the adults to make it to 11pm, and Nik and I only stayed up that late because we rented a movie. The kids are worth it, though, and had an awesome time together.
We drove up on Friday, and as we got there Josh was finishing filling the sandbox with new sand. The kids didn't even go inside, they just walked to the sandbox and started playing. It was so cool.

Ellie, Jack and Maddy in the sandbox.

Pouring the sand onto the shovel.

Madeline gave me a handful of sand as a present.

Jackie loved the sand!! He even tasted it, though he didn't end up liking that part!

Jack and Madeline sharing the sand wagon.

Looks a little unsure about something...

Dancing in the yard.

More fooling around.
After all that sand the kids definitely needed a bath. Josh got this great shot that I'm sure they'll hate us for later.

None of us could believe we got one with all of the kids looking at the camera at the same time.
On Saturday we went to a local Earth Day celebration. It was fun, but crowded, so we didn't stay too long. We did see a real, live cow, which made Ellie so happy!!

Ellie was so excited to get to touch the cow.

Madeline got in on the cow petting action too.
After naps Josh got out the bounce house - an instant hit!!

Doesn't this smile say it all?!

Bouncing away.

Jack-Jack got in and liked the feel of the ground as the girls jumped around.

AAAHHHH!!!

A tender moment. Jackie got a little scared and Ellie was comforting him.
We also had a dance party to the musical stylings of Adele.

Ellie and Maddy decided singing is just the thing for them.
On Sunday Ellie and Maddy got in a little girl time.

Doesn't it look like they are sharing their deepest and darkest secrets?
The kids went back in the bounce house on Sunday morning.

Jack liked it just as much as he did on Saturday.

All three kids together.

Madeline being gentle with Jack.

Beautiful Ellie.

Stylin' and profilin'.
2 comments:
Looks like you guys had a BLAST. Jack is getting so BIG!! I can't wait to squeeze both of those cuties in JUNE!! Yeah!!
I always enjoy your family fun...makes me feel closer...miss you guys bunches...Momo
Post a Comment