Saturday, May 7, 2011

Dan's Fishing Report - Happy Mother's Day Cam.

Well, it happened. Finally after many months, years, really, I was able to make the stars align and go fishing for the first time since Father's day 2009. Between then and now, I've felt like a vampire living off of animals, subsisting on Yo Gabba Gabba's "What's that. It's a trout.", The Little Mermaid, and the picture of a fish in Eric Carle's "The Foolish Tortoise". It keeps you going, but you never really feel satisfied.

There have been several attempts at fishing over the years, but they just didn't work out as planned. For instance, one day, I used a vacation day to clean up the house and go grocery shopping. Well, I finished up my work a couple of hours early with the plan to suit up and try and catch a fish or two. I dragged out all of my fishing gear, started moving it to the car, and realized that I didn't have my boots! They were somewhere in the storage unit buried behind the dining room furniture and the lawnmower. Or, the weekend that I had planned to go, but Erinn and Jack spent half the night in the ER and I had the am shift. I should also mention, that my Christmas present from Erinn this year is one fishing morning per month all year, which is nice. I hope to get out more, now that I know that it can be done, with a relatively small impact to the normal Saturday morning.

Aside from the trip itself, there was nothing much special. The stream is pretty much how I remember it, and there are reportedly still fish in the water. I should report that I had no equipment malfunctions or snags or lost flies, or falls. So, it was pretty boring from that standpoint, but I got to spend some time on the stream. Erinn thinks that it is also important to mention that I had a fish on my line on the first cast and actually landed 3 (three beautiful brown trout), because she doesn't think that it is funny if I purposefully omit the details that most people want to know related to a fishing trip. It's good to be back on the stream.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Amen...Thank heavens...the fish where worried...