Monday, March 14, 2011

It's Beginning to Feel a lot Like Springtime!!

Hello! Sorry, yet again, that it's been two weeks since I've posted an update. The first weekend in March Dan, Ellie, Jack and I drove to Louisville, KY to meet up with my sisters (Kara and Tessa) and my nieces (Kadence and Lilian). We also got to see Tessa's husband, William, for a few days, so that was great! We are in the process of exchanging photos (via CD - if anyone out there knows a better, more reliable, and access easy way of sharing photos, please let me know!). As soon as I get all of those pictures I will definitely post about that trip. For now, let's just say it was a BLAST!!

In the past week we haven't really done much but try to recover from our travels. We did get to have a nice visit with our friends Staci, Marty and their kids Brady and Addie over the weekend, it was even warm enough to walk down to the park, but I was having too much fun talking to take any pictures (sorry!). I'm sure there will be more opportunities in the future. We also got to have our friends the Ligettis over this weekend for a visit. That is honestly one of the best things about living in the new house - we can entertain again!!

Here are some pictures I took of the kids in the last week. Honestly, I think I took most of them yesterday, but who is really keeping track. The bottom line is that we've been having a great time, and we have been super busy. Just how it's supposed to be...right?!?
Jack playing with the Bristle Blocks.
Ellie running around with her Valentine balloon (how it still has air, I have no idea. It even still floats!), and entertaining Jack. He thought she was hilarious.
This past week Jack has been doing a lot more climbing. One of his favorite places to climb is on this Pooh chair so he can play with the blinds. I love the little tongue sticking out!
Cute Ellie in her snow outfit. We finally found the pants to the outfit after our move from SLC (in a box marked "Garage" of all things). She probably won't get another opportunity to wear it this season (fingers crossed), and it definitely won't fit next year. Probably won't fit Jack by then either (the pants are size 12 months - yes, we know, she's a little girl. She has her regular pants on under the snow pants too), so I wanted a few pictures of her with it on.
The boots are also from last winter, and a size 5 (she currently wears a 7), but she insisted on wearing the boots too.



Also in the boxes we finally finished unpacking in the garage, was Ellie's giraffe ride-a-long toy that Tia Tessa and Uncle William gave her.
Jack decided he LOVES it! Which only caused a few problems, but Ellie was a good girl and waited until it was her turn, and Jack was playing with something else, before she took a ride.
Jackie was having nothing of sharing his new toy, however, and was in hot pursuit...
Ellie tried to stave him off, but it was a futile attempt. He was too fast for her motoring abilities. She did not like this, mind you.
She promptly informed him that it was her turn with the Giraffe. Which made Jack feel...
so very sad. Oh well. He has to learn about sharing too.


Also new this week is a serious interest in Willow. Ellie has decided that she loves Willow and that Willow must be included in all her activities.
Here she is talking to Willow while gently rubbing Willow's cheek.


Mostly, though, this week we just played and enjoyed our time together. We really love the new playroom. It has been a favorite place for us to hang out in the evenings and on weekends.

Ellie made a microphone out of 2 gears from the Bristle Block set and used it to belt out "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" and "Bad Medicine (by Bon Jovi - yes, I'm starting her early).
Jack-Jack is still very interested in teeth, he has 2 now himself! That's double what he had just 2 weeks ago!!


Finally, Dan gave Ellie her first cooking lesson last night. They made us some delicious sweet potatoes, chicken, spinach and carrots. Ellie is very into "helping" these days, and cooking seems to be something she is really interested in learning about. Good thing she has Dan to teach her!!!
Talking about the spices they are going to add to the sauce.
Mashing and stirring the sweet potatoes. Ellie was a big help!!!

2 comments:

Monica said...

So fun to catch up and see the kids...miss you guys, and love to see the kids playing and having so much fun...Love Momo

Rhonda said...

I love the pics of your new home - looks beautiful!!