Saturday, February 26, 2011

Just Keep Swimming, Swimming, Swimming.

Life around here has been incredibly busy. Incredibly good, but incredibly busy. In addition to moving into a new house and celebrating a first birthday, Dan and I both have been working on grant proposals for our jobs. Mine was due on the 21st (thank God it's out of my hair, and at the same time, CRAP it's out of my hair - you know?!?) and Dan's is due by Thursday, this coming Thursday. In fact, it's 8:30 on a Saturday night, the kids are both in bed, and he just kissed me good-bye. He's headed back into the office to work. Gross. I know it will be over soon, but I'm a little resentful that this grant thing is stealing my Saturday night with my friend. Oh well, it will be over soon (oh wait, I said that already....).

Well, I feel like I'm still playing catch-up with blog pictures, so here are some pictures I've taken since we've lived in the new house. It's coming together, slowly but surely, and when it's finished I'll post pictures of all the rooms. Until then - I present my beautiful family and the fun we've had in the last 2 weeks (or so...).
Jack-Jack on the day of his birthday party.
Jackie and Daddy in the new family room.
Ellie got a Dora Backpack from some of our friends (it was so unexpected that Ellie would get presents on Jack's birthday too, but she loved it). Here she is wearing it on an expedition with Jack to see if they can both climb onto the bottom shelf of the entryway table. Fun times.
Jack and sippy cup version 3.0. We've tried 4 different types of sippy cups with him and so far, it's a no go. I have no idea what we're gonna do, but one way or another I'm 86ing the bottles so he better get it together.
Ellie and Daddy in the new sun room. So cute!!
Jackie planning an attack to steal his sister's bracelet and cause wide ranging fury.
More Ellie and Daddy. Look at that adoration!
Jack-Jack and his walking toy. He's still not standing independently or walking, but he is so good at walking, even just holding 1 hand. Dan and I are convinced it's more a lack of courage than a lack of ability at this point.
Jack getting an albuterol treatment. The poor kids been Dx with every illness in the book. Pneumonia, RSV, double ear infections (and to top it all off, he's currently cutting teeth, whew!).
Ellie in her new bath tub. She LOVES to swim in the bath.
Willow curled up by the front door. Keeping watch on all the neighbors is exhausting!
One tired girl barely holding herself together to finish up an episode of Dora before bath time.
The look of impending trouble...
Eating animal crackers for snack.
Ellie munched on some animal crackers as well. YUM!

No comments: