Sunday, March 27, 2011

I can hear clearly now...

Among other things, since the last time I've posted, Jack has had tubes placed in both of his ears. He appears to be doing wonderfully since the procedure, and seems to be able to hear many, many more sounds in his environment. I think the one that will stick with me, maybe forever, is the reaction he had the first time he heard the sound of Willow (our dog) walking on the hardwood floors. It shocked and delighted him, it was amazing. Another difference I have seen since he got the tubes is how much he babbles and vocalizes. He's so loud and talkative now, and it's pretty cool (and also disheartening) to witness.

In other family news this week, well, there's not that much going on. We're really just going about our business as usual. We did get to visit with the Ligetti family this past weekend, which is always fun, and we got to play and laugh a lot which is really what life is about.
Ellie wearing Momma's sweatshirt - and not much else...
Ellie and Jack-Jack playing. Ellie is still learning about "gentle hands" and has a new saying: "Big girls know better...". I don't know where she got that one (probably daycare), but for now it's working as a teaching tool. In this case: "Big girls know better than to slap Jack's cheeks."
All four kids the evening the Ligetti family came for dinner (Carsyn, Tanner, Ellie and Jack).
On the steps getting ready to go. Jack was already in bed. It was a fun night!
Ellie playing with her friend, Willow.
Thumbs up! These animal crackers taste A-okay!
Beautiful boyfriend.
Lovely, lovely lady.
"Make way for the queen!" Another saying that I have no idea where she picked up, but is pretty funny when she uses it in instances like this one here.
All decked out in her dress-up gear.
Ellie even got Jack in on the dress-up action. Here she has him in a Dora the Explorer party dress top and beaded necklaces.
Making a call to his parents to save him from this torture. Having an older sister who demands you play dress-up with her is tough!!
I thought this was funny because Jack has on the shirt and Ellie has on the skirt for the same outfit.
Finally, I got to take off the silly pink shirt!! I kept the blue beads though!!
Playing like only a boy with blue beads can! If he could get that popper toy off the shelf he would be as happy as can be.

No comments: