Thursday, May 13, 2010

Happy thoughts.

As some of you may know I have a serious liking for Vera Bradley products, so for 2010 (as I did for 2008 and 2009) I got myself a Vera Bradley day planner. This year's version has a place at the end of each week to document happy thoughts or something good that happened that week. I've decided that I would like to document these, and figured there's no better place than the blog. This post will be a catch up so I will only have to post one happy thought each week from here on out. As I read them, they are a funny reminder of the important events of the year so far. Here goes...

Week of: January 4-10: This week I smiled when...Ellie fell asleep on the car ride home from the airport - figures! (NOTE: this was after a 4 hour flight from Baltimore in which she cried and whined the whole time and refused to go to sleep - making us THAT family on the plane. I even had another mother come and offer me some tips - it was BAD!).
Week of: January 11-17: This week I'm thankful for...Health, Dan, Ellie and Love.
Week of: January 18-24: This week I laughed when...Ellie made kissy faces at me in the car.
Week of:January 25-31: The best thing that happened this week was...Kumi and I caught up over lunch at a delicious bakery.

Week of: February 1-7: This week I smiled when...I found out about the hospital visitor policy. (NOTE: They had lifted the restriction on young children visiting in the maternity ward).
Week of: February 8-14: This week I'm thankful for...Tillie (my MIL) coming to Salt Lake City. (NOTE: This is when I was in labor with Jack and Dan had to go defend his dissertation in PA).
Week of: February 15-21: This week I laughed when...I saw Jack for the first time.
Week of: February 22-28: The best thing that happened this week was...Ellie decided she liked Jack.

Week of: March 1-7: This week I smiled when...My dad met Jack for the first time and rubbed his mustache on Jack's nose.
Week of: March 8-14: This week I'm thankful for...my family. (NOTE: My grandfather passed away).
Week of: March 15-21: This week I laughed when...I was playing with Kade and drawing chalk ducks, especially the one she named "Horsie".
Week of: March 22-28: The best thing that happened this week was...figuring out my over production problem.
Week of: March 20-April 4: This week I smiled when...Momo and Pops came to visit.

Week of: April 5-11: This week I'm thankful for...my sisters.
Week of: April 12-18: This week I laughed when...Dan surprised me with Wii Active.
Week of: April 19-25: The best thing that happened this week was...Dan found out about refinancing for us.
Week of: April 26-May 2: This week I smiled when...Dan came home from travel - even though I was fine on my own!

Week of: May 3-9: This week I'm thankful for...the action on our house. Now if we can just get an offer...
Week of: May 10-16: This week I laughed when...Dan told me we would be getting an offer. (NOTE: Then they backed out after our counter-offer, which made me cry - but that's another story...).

1 comment:

Monica said...

It is good that you are tuned in to the good in your life...spread the good...