Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 and other funny happenings...

Well, we had a really wonderful Thanksgiving holiday weekend. Our friends Aileen and Dave came to State College from Ithica, NY to celebrate with us. On Thursday, Dan, Dave and Aileen made an awesome turkey feast complete with turkey, mashed potatoes (Aileen's recipe), gravy, green bean casserole, corn pudding, and Dave's stuffing. It was excellent. For dessert we had a chocolate cream pie (also made by Aileen). On Friday, Aileen and I braved the crowds at Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, Walmart and Ann Taylor LOFT. We made some great progress on both of our Christmas lists, so it was a good day. Dan and Dave also went out and about, but came home with just one item - Cabela's Big Game Hunter for Wii. I'll give you three guesses what we did after the kids went to bed, but, I'm sure, you'll only need one. On Saturday, Dave, Aileen, Dan and I went to the Penn State vs. Michigan State football game. Too bad Penn State only showed up to play in the fourth quarter...all I can say is, I hope next season is better.

Here is a video and some pictures from our weekend:

Jack-Jack is finally crawling using a proper crawl instead of the army crawl, and has also learned how to pull himself up. In this video he shows his skills in all their glory - well worth the minute and a half.
Ellie really enjoyed dressing up this weekend. Here she is in her fairy costume.
A close up of my beautiful fairy!
Jack-Jack is such a happy dude! Here he's playing with one of Ellie's bags.
Ellie talking on her Dora phone.
Ellie got a training potty (the Frog Potty) this weekend. She loved it and sat on it (fully clothed, for now) frequently. Here she's enjoying one of her favorite books "How I Became a Pirate".
More reading on the potty.
Now that Jack-Jack can pull himself up, he likes playing in Ellie's kitchen.
Such a goof!!
More dress-up. PLUS - Ellie found some Dora stickers and put every last one of them on her sweater.
Just hanging out.
The cutest kids! I love them to pieces!!
Ellie hugging her brother.

No comments: