Sunday, August 29, 2010

First time at the Grange Fair

I know it's unbelievable, but in all our years of living in Centre County we have never been to the infamous Grange Fair. I've watch several WPSU specials about it, you know, the tent town and the night life, but Dan and I had never actually gone there ourselves. That all changed yesterday. We made the trip to the fair with our friends Amber and Christopher and their kids Tanner and Carsyn. We saw the rabbits, goats, pigs, sheep and cows, but I didn't get any pictures because I was holding Ellie up so she could see. She did like the animals, but I think was a little scared by how big they were. We did get some good pictures by the tractors, though. We also went to see the tent town, but I thought it might be a little rude to take pictures of peoples homes without their permission. It was very interesting, and definitely something I have never experienced before! I can't believe people actually live at the fair night and day for 10 days, and that it is such a coveted thing to do that tent slots are handed down from generation to generation in wills. Nothing like Central PA!!
Tanner and Ellie steering the biggest tractor they could find.
Then Carsyn decided to join in on the fun!
Ellie loved all the controls! Tanner did a great job trying to hold onto both of the girls. He's an expert big brother!

Tanner and Ellie next to a huge tractor wheel.
The four kids together. I literally took over 70 pictures to get this one! Thank goodness for my digital SLR camera!
Dan and Jack-Jack enjoying some music.
My sweet boy.

1 comment:

Lea said...

Nice tractors! I love fairs! So much fun! We didn't get to one this year. Hopefully next summer! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!