Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dan's Fishing Report

I went fishing this morning. I woke up early, before Erinn and the kids woke up, got my fishing gear ready, hopped in the car and went fishing at a local stream. Momo and Pops are in town, so I knew that if I was a little late getting home, they would help out.

I got to the stream and there were very few cars in the parking lot. As I walked down the stream, I passed the couple of people that belonged to the cars and I knew that I would be able to find a spot where I could fish all by myself. It took a couple of casts to knock the rust off, but I got back up to speed quickly. On the ninth or tenth cast, I landed the fly in the perfect spot and a couple of seconds later a nice little brown trout rose up and took the fly. Wow, I forgot how awesome it is to catch a fish. I won't bore you with all the other fish I caught (4 or 5 others), but it was really fun.

After about an hour, I decided that it was time to head home. As I was walking back to the car, I heard Jack belt out a cry and a spit up. I woke up and looked at the clock, it was 3:30am.

2 comments:

Mama said...

Oh Dan! It makes me tear up just reading this! How life has changed! I promise you won't have to fish in your dreams forever! I love you very much, you are the best Dad and husband ever!

Anonymous said...

Great post Dan! I was there with you at the stream. Such a great photo I have in my head of new parenthood!!