Thursday, February 18, 2010

Jack is here!!!

Hi Everyone!

Dan, Ellie and I are happy to announce the arrival of our newest family member, Jack Edward Finke. Jack was born on 2/17/10 at 5:31pm. He weighed a whopping 8 lbs 4 oz and was 21 inches long. This is only 2 oz more than Ellie weighed when she was born, but she was born at 40 weeks and 3 days. Jack was born a day under 3 weeks early at 37 weeks 1 day. I can't even think about how big he would have been if he would have hung out in there for a few more weeks!! I guess my body just knew that I couldn't handle a baby that big!!! Everything here is going well. Jack appears to be healthy and happy, and I am recovering well from the C-section, we should be released from the hospital on Saturday or Sunday. Here are a few pictures of Jack from the last 24 hours. Love and miss you all. We look forward to talking with you all as soon as we can.

Ellie waiting with Momma for baby brother to be born.
He's here!! Jack Edward Finke!
First picture with Mom and Dad.
Momma and Jack.
Another shot with Momma.
Ellie is happy to see Momma after her night away.
Ellie checks out her brother - not convinced she likes him...
Still contemplating, but looking curiously.
Using "gentle hands" to say HI to Jack.
Day #2...

3 comments:

Nik and Josh said...

Congratulations guys!!! Glad to hear everyone is healthy and happy after the big day. Little Jack looks like he's ready to rock & roll and Ellie is getting so big! Also, congrats on the degree Dr. Dan! I see you guys are trying to outdo our record for simultaneous life stress events.

Josh (and Nik)

Rhonda said...

Congratulations!!! He's adorable! Can't wait to see more pictures!
:) Rhonda

Kendra Johnson said...

Congratulations!! He is adorable!