In other news, as many of you may already know, Dan and I found out on Thursday that I am already 3cm dilated. The doctor appeared to express skepticism about my making it to the scheduled c-section date (March 2nd), and even offered to cancel it for me. We, of course, declined the offer (being optimistic that we will make it for a few more weeks). In reality, the doctor informed us that if I have made any more progress on Wednesday at my next appointment then I will have to go directly to labor and delivery. The other complication (because of course with us, it can't just be one thing at a time) is that Dan is going out of town for 3 days to defend his dissertation (YAY, Dr. Dan Finke!) starting tomorrow morning and is not getting back until 6:30pm on Wednesday. So, if I have to go to L&D on Wednesday, he will most likely miss the birth of the child. Luckily, we are always blessed in some way and Dan's mom has agreed to come to Salt Lake to stay with Ellie and I while Dan is away, just in case. This makes me feel so much more comfortable and confident that nothing will actually happen (because now we have a contingency plan). Anyway, just wanted to keep you up to date, and of course, if anything exciting happens I will let you all know.
Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!! We hope you have a wonderful and loving day! We certainly love and miss you all very much!!


1 comment:
Colin looks at cupcakes, cake, and most cookies the same way Ellie does. Give him a graham cracker any day. Ellie looks like she has some pretty cute friends ; )
I so sorry that you had to make contingency plans! Although, I agree, if you have a plan, you won't have to use it!! Hang on Jack!!!
Post a Comment