Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dan's Fishing Report - Those who can't fish, teach.

It has been some time since I put together a fishing report, primarily because I have not been fishing. Erinn's parents were in town for Ellie's first birthday, and while they were here they mentioned that they will be going flyfishing in Idaho. I tried not to act too jealous and offered to walk them through the basics.


Surprisingly, they were both pretty good at casting and after some explanation about what to hold with which hand, they were off and running. Wish I could be there when they catch a fish, to see the craziness that will no doubt ensue. I hope they have fun and that my instruction was not too contrary to what the guide tells them to do.


Update: They went fishing and caught a few fish each (I will leave out the numbers to protect the innocent). Either my teachings weren't that bad, or their guide was that good, but they both did better than I usually do. Which proves the saying, those who can't fish, teach, or something like that.

For proof, here is a picture of one of the fish they caught.

No comments: