Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dan's Fishing Report

I know that it has been a long time since I posted a fishing report, but I have been really busy not fishing. I do need to update two stories from past entries, though: 1) Cabela's reign on awesomeness and 2) team building offsite. I was also able to get out and fish yesterday afternoon, so I guess there may be some interest in that too.

Apparently, someone broke into Cabela's and stole their recipe for the best store ever and created a little store called Gander Mountain. We made a quick trip to one of these stores and although it was impressive, Cabela's is still the King of Awesome Man Stores. I have also heard of another possible contender in a Bass Pro Shops, but I'm not into bass so I will probably never know how it ranks.

Good News! HR approved the team building offsite! They even let me coordinate it for the Mountain West office. Just one more thing on the plate, but I think it will be a good thing for the morale of the office. The weird part is that the project number that they told me to charge for the day was the same as my vacation number. Sneaky management.

So, I did go fishing yesterday! The plan was to fish in the morning and come home relatively early in the afternoon, but when I woke up yesterday morning there was snow on the ground and even more up where I go fishing. I decided to defer my trip to the afternoon. I finally made it to the stream around 2:30 and by 4:30 it was all over. Spring is almost here and hopefully I will be able to get out a little more.

Trip Stats:
Falls: 0
Lost Flies: 0
Broken Equipment: 1 sole of my boot fell off.
Other People on Stream: 5
Tangles: 1 not a bad one though
Fly Changes: 6 or 7

Overall it was a great day. Thanks Er!

No comments: