Thursday, August 14, 2008

37 week appointment and ultrasound

Hi Everyone! I just wanted to post a quick update about Joe's progress this week. The ultrasound went great, and we have been cleared to try for a natural delivery (with a few extra precautions). The ultrasound doc also told us that Joe is weighing 6 pounds 13 ounces now. We were all shocked because that is more than they were anticipating Joe would weigh at birth. A gain of 2.5 pounds in 4 weeks!! The doctor also said that I am continuing to dilate and make progress toward to onset of labor, so that is good. Everything seems to be going fine for now, so that makes us feel really excited.

Also, tomorrow is my first official day at The University of Utah. I worked a little bit on Monday and Tuesday this week, but decided to enjoy the last of my time off on Wednesday and Thursday since I suddenly realized they would probably be the last 2 days I would have where I could do whatever I wanted all day long (crazy to think about how my independence is going to go bye-bye once Joe is here, but also exciting!). I hope you are all well! Write or call when you can!

No comments: