Anyway...
Last Sunday was my birthday. I know this is going to sound weird for a 30-something, but I sincerely LOVE my birthday. I don't really love getting older, or the fine lines I see on my face, but I just LOVE my birthday. A day just for me.
This year for my birthday I happened to be home - which is unusual since I'm usually at the American Speech-Language Hearing Association convention, which is every year the week before Thanksgiving. Being home was AWESOME! We just chilled as a family the whole day and didn't go anywhere. That night Dan took me out for dinner and a movie (since his mom was in town and we had free child care). It was PERFECT. And to top it all off, I didn't work at all - not one minute. Great, great, great!
Another fantastic thing that happened on my birthday was the kids decided they wanted to clean the floors for me. They did a decent job and it was really funny to watch.
Jack running the vacuum.
Ellie with the Swiffer.
"How does this thing work?"
Swiffing with enthusiasm!
After all that cleaning some playing was definitely in order. Jack and Dan made an awesome train track and Ellie colored using her new markers from Tia Tess.







No comments:
Post a Comment