Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

I posted this on my Facebook page on Thanksgiving, but I wanted to post it here too so I would be able to remember it. It really does put the meaning of Thanksgiving into perspective for me:

"Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for."

We had a great, quiet Thanksgiving this year. We stayed at home, just the four of us. It was wonderful. We (well, mostly Dan) cooked and played and watched movies. It was truly a celebration of everything I am thankful for.
Jack stirring the corn pudding.
Being so careful - let's me know that he's really not a baby anymore. Such a big, funny, wonderful boy.
Ellie helped too.
We drank a few brews.
And dressed up and read stories.

Wonderful husband. I am MOST thankful for him, for without him I would be without the rest. Love you, Dan Finke.

No comments: