Friday, September 17, 2010

Trip to the Pittsburgh zoo!

On Saturday, September 11, 2010, we traveled to Pittsburgh, PA to have a mini-reunion with some of my friends from graduate school at the Pittsburgh zoo. My friends Amy Foor and Lea Uhl met us there (with their families), and it was so great to see them. I've seen Amy about once a year, or so, since we graduated in 2002, but I hadn't seen Lea since graduation, though it seems like I share life with her through her wonderful blog and because of the wonders of Facebook. Here are a few snaps we (mostly Dan) took throughout the day. It was so much fun! I can't wait to see everyone again soon!
The group heading into the zoo.
Ellie loved Colin and Gillian's double stroller. Colin was very kind to share his spot with her!
My happy, happy boy!! He loved the zoo!
Lea, Ellie and I looking at the elephants.
Alina (one of Amy's daughters) was so nice to Ellie all day and held her hand and walked with her most of the time.
In the canoe with Gillie. Colin was being the gentleman and pushing the ladies.
Looking at one of the water animals.
The whole group!
Nicholas (Amy's son) and Ellie on the seal.
Walking with Daddy across the "wiggle" bridge.
Talking with Maddie (Amy's other daughter) about the kangaroos.
Ellie with all of the Foor kids on a turtle.
Riding on Dad's shoulders and posing by the huge metal preying mantis.

No comments: