I have just completed a vacation that any fly fisher-person would love to have taken. My family and I toured the streams of central Pennsylvania, experiencing 4 of the 5 famous streams of the area. The only one that we missed was Spruce Creek, but there is only a small area open to the public, so we felt that our time was better spent on the others.
In addition to the Central PA streams, we hit some big water too. We hit spots on the Ohio, Delaware, and Hudson rivers. Don't worry, we didn't eat anything that we caught.
The weather was wonderful for the whole trip with light rains on some days and sunny with mild humidity on the others. Traveling between streams and rivers was long, but it was fun to spend some time with the family reading books, singing and listening to the radio. In fact, Ellie enjoyed sitting in her car seat for extended periods of time, and was "happily singing" by the 5th or 6th hour of travel.
The only thing that I would change about the trip is that I wish that I had taken my fishing gear or at least borrowed some and actually fished.
I should also mention one other piece of news, and depending on how closely you follow these reports, it will either have everything or nothing to do with fishing.... Erinn is pregnant.
It's been a really long time since I've posted!
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment