Friday, January 30, 2009

Dan's Fishing Report (Hot Jan. Update!)

Somehow Cabela's figured out how to legally cram every man-thing into one building and still have room for live fish (both cold and warm water species) and a "Big Game Library" that had what else ... stuffed big game. How does this miracle relate to fishing? Well, my dad and I went to this holy land, if you will, and bought an awesome fly box and saw some huge trout. That aquarium is the closest I have been to a trout in some time. What a feeling!

In other fishing news, I also put up a calendar titled "Trout of North America" in my home office, so now I get to see a large picture of various trout every month. Currently, it is the Kokanee Salmon that apparently frequents the western coast of Canada. They are also in a lake that I like to fish in, but not naturally so the authors decided to leave that out. It is still nice to know other places to go fishing when things free up around here (and all the snow melts).

No comments: