Saturday, April 14, 2012

Easter 2012 and then some

So, I'm going to go ahead and blame the fact that I haven't blogged more than 3 times in as many months on my geriatric computer. This computer is so darn old that loading pictures from the camera to the computer and then from the computer into blogger takes about an hour, and who has time for that very often? Certainly not me. Anyway, we may be upgrading soon, so maybe the posts will become more regular. No promises. Despite the computer issues/barriers, we have continued to have fun and enjoy life as much as possible.

Recently, I have been working like a crazy mad woman, so Dan has picked up a LOT of the slack at home and I really couldn't be more appreciative. He is just the best. However, me not being home that frequently also means that pictures aren't being taken as frequently, so that could be another reason for the blogging slump we are currently experiencing. Thankfully there are only 2 more weeks in the semester, and then MAYBE I will be able to use the summer to catch up and MAYBE I won't have to be so crazy busy. We will see...

Below I have added some pictures from Easter and from playing outside earlier today. The Easter tradition at our house has been that the Easter Bunny hides eggs and Easter baskets in our house over night while the kids are sleeping. This is mostly because in April it is still pretty cold in PA and my kids would not hang in there for an outside Easter egg hunt, at least not now while they are so young. So, when the kids wake up they come downstairs and immediately run around the house collecting as many Easter eggs as they can find. They seem to LOVE this. Then, after all the eggs have been found, they look for their Easter baskets.
Ellie looking for Easter eggs.
Jack found one on the couch.
"Oh! I see another one!!"
"Look how many eggs I have Mom!!"
"This Easter bunny sure is funny! He hides eggs in really funny places!!"
SO FUN!!!
"My basket is totally full!"
Ellie starting the process of opening her eggs to see what is inside (they all had fruit snacks inside - no candy for my kids, yet).
Jack Boy opening his eggs.
Eating some YUMMY fruit snacks!!
Ellie having some fruit snacks too!

Now for the Easter baskets...
Ellie got a Rapunzel pool towel (Jack got a Toy Story 3 pool towel).
Ellie got "the Belle movie" aka Beauty and the Beast (Jack got Toy Story 1 - the only one we didn't have yet).
Jack also got a bunny that changes colors. He seemed to really like that.

After finding the baskets and discovering all the treats the Easter bunny left for them, we all got ready for Easter mass. The kids cleaned up pretty well, but it was challenging to get a decent picture, actually I don't think I got a decent one at all. Here are the three best attempts.


After mass, while the kids were sleeping Dan and I tried for a self-portrait. Here are two decent ones. I like myself better in the first one and Dan better in the second. Isn't that always how it ends up?


Finally, Momo and Pops gave Jack this cool truck for his birthday, but this morning was the first time we brought it up from the basement to drive outside. He LOVED it and had a blast!





BELOW: pictures of Ellie when she was told she had to wait her turn to drive the truck. It did not go over well.


1 comment:

Nik and Josh said...

So adorable, they are getting so big! I love the one of Ellie upset about the car. Looks very familiar to certain behavior over here! Too funny! How do you not laugh sometimes?!?! Hope you're all well!