The first trip, Er did a good job documenting (we went out on the boat on Memorial day) and since Ellie, and her life jacket, stole the show, and since the fishing was good, but the catching wasn't, we can move on to the second trip.
My niece, Mica proclaims to love fishing and always wants to go, so we went one cold rainy afternoon when she was visiting in June. She did all the fishing...except bait the hook, put on the bobber, cast the line, and plan the next cast. I am not too sure of the true definition of fishing (I did not wiki it before writing this), but I would not have argued with the State Park Ranger if he gave me a ticket for fishing in the kiddie pool.
The third trip was on Father's day. I took a couple of hours and went fishing in my usual spot. The water was very high and wading was not so fun. I would have loved to have seen myself from one of the houses, inching into and out of the current, always looking off balance, I bet I offered up some good entertainment. In addition to fishing, I did my environmental good deed for the day and fed a huge group of starving mosquitoes. Just so you all don't think that I really don't know how to fish, I actually caught a couple on this trip, or at least that is the story I am sticking to. Oh, and they were big ones too.
The last trip wasn't actually a trip, but more of a wonderful bonus to going camping. Er had a good post of our camping trip, but she forgot to mention that I was responsible for picking the site. Sure, there were plenty of sites all around the campground, but none of the others had a stream running through them. I just happened to bring my rod with me too. I snuck away for about 10 min and caught a little brook trout, released it and went back to camping. So, not really a trip, but since this is kind of a confession report, I did fish.
That pretty much sums up the last four months of fishing. My dad is in town, so I might get out once or twice in the next couple of weeks, and that will be nice.
I promise, in the future, to be more consistent in my reporting. Now I'm off to say my 10 Hail Mary's and 10 Our Father's. Thank you for your forgiveness.


1 comment:
If you say the Hail Mary's and Our Father's first...you might catch a really big one!...Love Momo
Post a Comment